University of Washington Tacoma Graduation

After years of dreaming & hard work, on Friday June 10th, 2011, I earned my Bachelor of Arts in Urban Studies.  It was a great day. Tyler, the kids, my Mom, my Uncle Greg, cousins Emma & Jacob plus my Grandpa's wife Barb cheered me on inside the Tacoma Dome.



2011 has gone by so quickly.  Since Josie's birth completing my homework has been tough. Some days i just wanted to stay home & hold my baby. But I knew that she was safe at home with her father while I attended class.  I look back and I am so grateful for Tyler who has always believed in me & never kicked me while I was down.  Our plan to have children while I attended school was one of the best decisions we could have made for our family. 



Everyone keeps asking so many questions!!! "When will you get a job?" "Where will you work?" 'what will you do with the kids?"  All kinds of personal questions. Tyler & I have been waiting to hear if he will return to work or not before we make that decision.  Tyler has enrolled for Fall courses at Green River Community College.  Before his injury we had decided that I would look for work towards the end of the year and stay home with Josie until she turns one year old.  But only time will tell where the wind will take us. 



I'm so excited to be completed with my undergraduate degree. When I started at UW Tacoma I thought that would satisfy me but now I have decided I want to go to graduate school to earn a Master's Degree.  It is my goal to be at least enrolled in a graduate program in 5 years when I celebrate my 35th Birthday.  To all the haters, thank you for the fuel. To all of my friends and family, thank you for the support. Also special thanks to everyone who made it to my graduation party on June 11th, I know some people had to travel from Ferndale, Spokane and Portland for the celebration. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Issac's TMNT Birthday

Summer 2018