Thanksgiving 2011

Josie's 1st Thanksgiving has come & gone. We were having such a nice relaxing day that I didn't take my usual pelethora of photos but we had a great day.  I hope that you & your family had a great Thanksgiving as well. here are ten great things from the turkey day. Enjoy!


1) we got out the door early & hit the road, missing traffic.

2) Magically we were the very last car on the ferry, each way!!!

3) We traveled to Oak Harbor to my Great Aunt Sharon’s to enjoy some ham, lasagna & of course turkey with our family.  It was great to see & catch up with people we only see once a year or less like my Great Uncle & some of my cousins.  The kids had a great time visiting & playing with everyone as well.

4) Issac was such a good boy & pleasantly handed out the Thanksgiving cards we had made, until it was time to go & he caught a glimpse of Grandma’s card hang out her purse so he had to “take his paint home”.  I secretly mailed the card to my mom with her Christmas card the next week. 

5) PIE!!! Every year there is an assortment of desserts & frankly it can be difficult to only have one, so we often find ourselves taking small slices of two or three to get a sampling but this year there was pumpkin pie & pumpkin pie.  Plain, simple & classic.  I loved it!

6)  Josie fit the 1st Thanksgiving outfit Aunt Nicole had gotten Issac so I put her in her lil boots with the fur & she rocked her fall tutu all day like the perfect princess she is.

7) I saw football on the TV but I couldn’t hear football.  I like that because it is not the game that drives me crazy it is the constant talking of the commentators!

8) On the way home Tyler got out of the car to grab a soda as I waited in the ferry traffic.  As he fought with the machine for his $2 I made it through the ticket booth & was flagged onto the ferry!  I was going as slow as possible & they kept flagging me on so I drove onto the boat as Tyler chased the car.  Then he had to beg to be let on but was “granted permission to board the vessel”.  It was a lil nerving at the time but a SUPER FUNNY STORY AFTER!!!

9) We were home and in bed by 10 pm because Tyler had to go to work in the morning.  No midnight shopping for us!

10)  Thanksgiving on the island can become crazy fast, one year there was over 40 people so this year was a nice calm twenty people.  I was able to visit with everyone & the kids never got overwhelmed by anything the entire day.  Here is picture i did want to capture: My grandma, My great Uncle Richard & my Great Aunt Sharon.  Happy Holidays!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Issac's TMNT Birthday

Summer 2018

University of Washington Tacoma Graduation