Thanksgiving 2014

Typically we travel to spend Thanksgiving with my family in Oak Harbor or Ferndale.However, this year Tyler's Grandparents were visiting for two weeks from Salt Lake City, Utah so we traveled to north Marysville to celebrate at Tyler's Mom's house.  It was a very nice & low key turkey day in a full house with twelve people.  Tyler's step father, Mark cooked two large turkeys on his wood pellet stove and they turned out delicious.  Tyler & I spent the day visiting and catching up with his Grandparents whom we hadn't seen in almost two years.  The kids spent the day kicking the soccer ball around the back yard with Lucas & uncle Jayson and just running around being curious.  

We stayed the night Thursday and spent Friday enjoying the company of Tyler's Grandparents before heading home.  We headed back up to Marysville on Sunday to have Family Pictures & Josie's birthday while Tyler's Grandparents were in town.  Then the following Saturday we drove up for the day to say good bye before they flew home on Sunday. 

Especially since loosing my Grandma, I find it important to see Tyler's Grandparents. I want my kids to be able to see them, form relationships and create memories with their great grandparents.  I feel so blessed to have memories of not just my great-grandparents but also my Great-great-Grandma Willis aka Willamina Rice.  I remember having tea in her kitchen, listening to classical music in her living room & picking flowers in her yard.  It is not a lot of memories but it is enough to bring warmth to my heart & a smile to my face.  that is all I want for my children, heart warming memories. 

 Above- Josie & Grandma Laura.
Bellow- Issac & Josie helping making dinner.
 Above- Lucas & Devin.
Bellow- Jayson helps his Mom with the Turkey.
 Above- Family Prayer.
Bellow- Pie Time.
 Above- Issac reads to grandpa Mark.
Bellow- Tyler & his Grandma Cindy.
 Above- the kids watching cartoons with Great Grandpa Don.
Bellow- Josie tells her Great Grandparents a story.
 Above- Issac was HUNGRY!
Bellow- Mark checks on the birds.
 Above- Josie was hungry.
Bellow- Issac & I were taking selfies.

THE END

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Issac's TMNT Birthday

Summer 2018

University of Washington Tacoma Graduation