--> JUST INK IT <--


While I am very aware that some people are completely against tattoos and others straight up think it will secure you a spot in hell, in my family you are more likely to be excommunicated for NOT having ink.  I have not one or two but FIVE cousins that at one time or another made a living inking up the bodies of the masses.  Even my Grandma had a tattoo anklet of beautiful butterflies she didn’t receive until the 1990’s.
Among my previous tattoos I already have my brother’s name “Shawn Ryan” on my left ankle. It serves me as a remembrance & reminder of his life cut short. As I slowly mend my aching heart from the loss of my Grandma I decided a tattoo was necessary. I had thought about what I might want & briefly discussed it with Tyler. 
In early February, one afternoon my Mom called after a phone call she shared with my Great Aunt. It seems without me asking my cousin Laurie already knew a tattoo was needed and she drew up a design. After my great Aunt saw the design, she wanted a tattoo as well. More phone calls & texts happened & a date was set. My Great Aunt, whom is my Grandma’s only sibling, my Mom, my Aunt Nicole and I all decided to get Rose tattoos. My Grandma’s name was Rosalie & she went by Rose to many people. 
I arrived in Oak harbor first and got my Tattoo Saturday evening. Nicole got her tattoo Saturday night. My Mom got her tattoo on Sunday & my Great-Auntie got her tattoo done on Monday. Each tattoo is a little different in color & design, but not in meaning. It was a busy weekend but so glad we got together & had them done. “A family that inks together stays together”.
My Aunt Nicole's tattoo

My Mom's left shoulder

My Great Aunt's forearm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Issac's TMNT Birthday

Summer 2018

University of Washington Tacoma Graduation