April Showers Bring May Flowers

At the end of March we moved.  We downsized from our rental house to an apartment for many reasons.  The house we were renting had a laundry list of issues and although it was tough to move from a 4 bedroom house with a yard and backyard into a two bedroom apartment, we have managed to make it work.  Also, as long as we were paying a larger rent to rent someone else’s house, we would never be able to pay down our debt to one day purchase our own home.  Between the rent decrease and the utilities we are saving $300-$600 a month.  A large portion of that is from the power bill.  For reasons unknown to me the power bill at that house was $150 in the summer and upwards of almost $400 a month during the winter & we would STILL be freezing cold and wearing sweatshirts inside. 

Both my Mom & Tyler’s Mom played a key role in helping us have a successful move.  My Mom came down the third weekend in March and helped with the kids while we signed our new lease and rented a truck and loaded everything.  The Thursday before Easter weekend, Tyler’s Mom came down.  Laura helped Tyler paint and clean out the old house and helped with the kids while Tyler & I finished moving some small stuff.  We turned in the house keys on Saturday.

 
Every member of our family is happier. For Tyler, we are 7 miles closer to his work and near the bike trail that runs along the Green River.  He has been riding his bike to work when the weather allows.  For the kids & me; our apartment complex has many perks including an indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, work-out room and playground.  But the best perk of all is the kids.  The neighborhood we have been living in was filled with senior citizens.  Here our children are interacting with other kids of all ages on a daily bases.  Issac & Josie are both learning valuable social skills such as sharing, caring and empathy for others.

 
Easter morning the kids woke up to a huge pile of Easter goodies and eggs hidden everywhere around the apartment.  My Mom had bought each of the kids an outfit and dress shoes and Laura got the kids each a camping chair and then Josie a plasma car (Issac got 1 for Christmas) and Issac a basketball.  Then they had their candy free over-flowing Easter baskets from the Easter Bunny.  After breakfast, we took the kids up to West Fenwick Park to play and enjoy their new toys.  After our delicious ham dinner, both Grandmas headed home and the kids were sad to see them go.  Issac said, “I really like having two Grandmas spend the night at my house”. 
 



The majority of April was spent unpacking and arranging the new living quarters, hanging pictures on the walls and putting book cases together.  However, at the end of April, my best friend Diane hit a big birthday milestone. Yup she’s 30 now! Grandma Laura came down and spent the night to watch the kids while Tyler & I enjoyed a night out with our friends. We enjoyed a nice dinner, a comedy show and some dancing before receiving a fabulous night of uninterrupted sleep at the Marriott. 

 
I meet Diane in the Spring of 2002.  When I was promoted to manager at Papa Murphy's she was my first Assistant Manager.  Our friendship grew over the years as we danced many nights away downtown Seattle.  But I would say that is since we both got married and had kids that our bond as become unbreakable.  We share parenting theories and practices.  we enjoy family outings and holidays together.  I am so grateful for Di. The morning my Grandma died, she was on the phone with me as I cried and babbled giving me support and assurance that everything would be okay.  And when she faces tough times, I am there, on the phone for hours helping her talk through her pain.  I look forward to watching our children grow and continuing to create memories with the Wagester family for years to come.  XOXO BABE!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Issac's TMNT Birthday

Summer 2018

University of Washington Tacoma Graduation