November

November passed like a series of overwhelming sneezes.  The next month is filled with exciting holidays and celebrations so it is my intention to post about each of these exciting events.  So until next week when I get to pleasantly write about Josie’s 1st Thanksgiving, here is ten exciting things that happened this month. 

1-      On Saturday November 5th we finished up our breakfast & headed to downtown Auburn to attend the annual Veteran’s Day Parade.  Josie slept most of the parade all cozy in the Bjorn on Tyler’s chest.  Issac was fascinated by the cars, motorcycles, bands and people.  I chased down one of those salesmen pushing a shopping cart full of overly priced blow up toys to purchase Issac a flag.  He was a good boy about not hitting people with his flag & was quick to hold it up when I reminded him that the flag shouldn’t touch the ground. 

2-      Tyler’s birthday was on a Sunday.  For breakfast I tried a new recipe that turned out fabulous; fruit filled puff pancake.  For dinner I created one of Tyler’s favorite dishes: homemade turkey sausage lasagna.  His Mom & mark drove down & bought him a weight set for the bench he got from a friend.  The following weekend he put the set together & has been working out every morning in the garage before he leaves for work while his car warms up.

3-      My cousin Erin invited us over for a late dinner on Tyler’s birthday. She made top notch chicken fajitas & served homemade peppermint cupcakes for dessert.  It was delicious & as always we enjoyed the visit. 

4-      On Thursday the 9th, I got a lil girl time with my cousin Erin.  We did a lil shopping & enjoyed some drinks. It was beyond a good time, I seriously haven’t laughed that hard in a while, much needed! 

5-      On the 12th I left the kids at home with Tyler & took my friends Shobi & Natasha to their first ever Drag Queen Show to benefit SU4K.  It was a blast & the fundraiser was a success. 

6-      We began our Christmas shopping for the kids picking up Lion King on blueray and buying a few toys. We also bought Issac CARS bedding, a shake n’ go Mater and a CARS comforter that I know he’ll love because right now he is Lightning McQueen obsessed!!! 

7-      Last week I sent out invitations to Josie’s 1st Birthday party.  We settled on a pizza & penguins party.  Sounds easy but not so much. The penguins of Madagascar are a little “anger birds” looking to me so we settled on Happy Feet two.  I never located photo invites or any invites for that matter with penguins so I settled on a simple party invite with a lil poem.  I have begun to make Josie’s birthday Tutu & ordered penguin hats from our hat lady, which should arrive any day.  All the supplies are slowly arriving. It is shaping up to be a great day.  J

8-      Last week I tried to do a few Thanksgiving crafts but Issac wasn’t into it.  I wish I was cool enough to know a thanksgiving song beside the one by Adam Sandler but I’m not.  This Monday we made Turkey cards to hand out on Thanksgiving to Grandma, Gee-Gee & Great-Great Aunt Sharon.  I also of course kept one for my memento box too.

9-      On Saturday the 19th the kids were starting to come down with a cold.  However, Shobi offered to babysit & we took her up on her offer for a few hours so we could go run around & complete our to-do list & grocery shopping but first Tyler and I enjoyed a nice lunch out to Chinese food.  We talked about it & the last time we had Chinese food in a Chinese restaurant was over 2 years ago when I was pregnant with Issac!!!  WOW how the time flies.

10-   We also got our Digital image CD of our family pictures this month.  I’m sharing a few but also reserving a few for Christmas gifts & Holiday Cards.  It is my goal this year to have our cards out by December 1st, so send me your address if you have moved in 2011. 

We hope all our family & friends far & near have a warm & filling Thanksgiving this year.

-With all our love- Tyler, Issac, Josie & Leah-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Issac's TMNT Birthday

Summer 2018

University of Washington Tacoma Graduation