Field Trip Fun



I have been so fortunate to be able to chaperone all of the kid’s field trips this year.  In October I went to the zoo with Issac & to the pumpkin patch with Josie.  This spring I chaperoned three more trips. I always enjoy seeing the kids interact with their classmates and I usually have a little fun too. 


In February, I accompanied Issac’s Kindergarten class to the Seattle Aquarium.  A lot of parents volunteered for this trip so I only had three children in my group which made it easy to swiftly move from one exhibit to another. It was a cold rainy day.  We started off by seeing a scuba diver in the front takes, exploring the touch tanks, walking around to visit all the fish(twice) and then spent a good chunk of time outside watching the seals & otters.  The kids in my group were bummed that there wasn’t any dolphins or whales as if we were going to Sea World!  To wrap up our trip we watched the octopuses get feed shrimp & then attended a hour long presentation upstairs.






At the end of March I accompanied Issac’s class to the Seattle Children’s Theater located at Seattle Center.  We got to watch a performance of “Good Night Moon”.   I spent the time watching the play & watching the children’s reactions.  They did an awesome job of turning a simple children’s book in to a fabulous musical production.  After the play we had a picnic lunch & let the kids run around & explore before heading back to school.  





In April, our Co-op Preschool took a field trip to the Highline Community College Marine & Science Technology Center.  We attended a Crabs & Critters presentation and then got to go outside to explore the touch tanks filled with crabs, jelly fish & other underwater Puget Sound critters. The kids loved every minute of it.  I watched the kids to see who was curious & courageous enough to touch & who let their reservations win & went home dry handed.  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Issac's TMNT Birthday

Summer 2018

University of Washington Tacoma Graduation